IBX5980432E7F390 Lipstick Challenge week one - Walllup Share Any More On The Web

Lipstick Challenge week one

 

Top row: BITE Moscato, Revlon Orange Flip
 
Bottom row: Laura Mercier Healthy Lips, Bare Minerals Lead the Way, MAC Ruby Woo

My new editor Caroline loves lipsticks and wears a different one pretty much each day. So for the month of May, we challenged her to try out a different shade every work day. Here's her diary so far...

1. BITE Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Moscato
Confession: This hot pink matte lipstick made me feel much cooler than I am. While not a marathon formula (i.e. it will wear off if you eat a sandwich), it only required minimal touch-ups throughout the day. Plus, I love that this brand uses natural and organic ingredients.

2. Revlon Moon Drops in Orange Flip
This is the color I'd be least likely to wear in my everyday life. Orange lipstick looks pretty on other people, but makes me feel washed out. Yet amazingly, this is the shade I got the most compliments on. (Not just from Joanna and my boyfriend, but strangers, too!) I guess it goes to show, it pays to experiment. I liked the moisturizing formula and the drugstore price tag.

3. Laura Mercier Sheer Lip Color in Healthy Lips
Bold statement: If I could wear only one lipstick for the rest of my life, this is what I'd choose. It's lightweight, hydrating and a very flattering shade of pink. It even works as blush! (Is that gross? I'm not sure, but it looks nice.) My boyfriend repeatedly remarked that I looked "really pretty," but I could tell he had no idea I was wearing make-up. Bonus for busy ladies: It's such a natural color, you can apply it without a mirror.

4. Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick in Lead the Way
I was the most excited to try this gorgeous purple shade. But then the guy at the coffee shop greeted me with a quizzical look, along with every other human I encountered for the rest of the day. Perhaps the color is too vampy to wear in broad daylight? I loved the lipstick's subtle vanilla-mint scent, but the glossy formula wound up all over my teeth (and my cup and my straw and even parts of my face...) and made it look like I'd been glugging red wine. Two words of advice: Blot often.

5. MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo
Ruby Woo is a classic red with incredible longevity. (Seriously, it lasted me through an entire spaghetti dinner. With bread.) As soon as I put this on, I felt like I was wearing armor—as if everything I said had weight and importance simply because the words were coming from lips THIS RED. The boyfriend said, "Wow. Your lips are really red." Hmm, not quite a compliment, but I'll take it. ;) Beware, though, the ultra-matte formula is drying, so keep a balm handy. Bonus: It makes your teeth look super white.

Stay tuned for next week, when I'll be test driving five more shades...Do you have any requests? Or any favorites you'd recommend?

Berlangganan Untuk Mendapatkan Artikel Terbaru: