IBX5980432E7F390 Lipstick Challenge week two - Walllup Share Any More On The Web

Lipstick Challenge week two

 

Top row: Revlon Choco-Licious, NARS lipstick in Manhunt
 
Bottom row: Maybelline Coral Crush, Clinique Mighty Mimosa , Lipstick Queen Hello Sailor

My intrepid new editor Caroline has accepted the challenge to wear different lipsticks every day during the month of May. (Here's last week's diary.) This week, she tried five more colors. Here's what happened...

1. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Choco-Licious
Well now. Here's a "challenge" color if ever I've worn one. Never in a million years (or, at least, since the late '90s) would I have expected to wear a deep brown lipstick all over town. When applied with a heavy hand, the lipstick made it seem like I'd gotten into an unfortunate situation with a rich chocolate cake. But when dabbed on lightly and blended with my finger, it left my mouth a sexy, earthy color that was flattering and long lasting. And I liked it! Who knew?

2. NARS Lipstick in Manhunt
In a word: Obsessed. It's hard for me to describe this lipstick's color, which can be worn to look either subtle or bright. It appears very red in the tube, but don't be misled: A light coat creates a pinky coral sheen, while a heavier application turns lips a sheer strawberry hue. This is a great everyday lipstick, especially for those who want to babystep into the world of reds. The incredibly flattering color will have a permanent spot in my bag this summer, for everything from weddings to BBQs to the beach.

3. Maybelline Coral Crush
I'd heard good things about this lipstick, but I have to say, it wasn't my favorite. The bold coral hue felt too girly and slightly reminiscent of the Golden Girls' Miami home. (Don't get me wrong, I love the Golden Girls. Just not on my lips.) The bright color appeared uneven throughout the day, and even prompted a conversation in which a male officemate remarked that he "doesn't understand lipstick" and "hates when women wear it." Hmm, not a resounding endorsement.

4. Clinique Chubby Stick in Mighty Mimosa
This moisturizing color balm is PERFECT for travel, since it's a lipstick and lip balm in one. The color of Mighty Mimosa is less than mighty (Wimpy mimosa? Skimpy mimosa?), but it gave my lips a subtle pink shimmer AND left them feeling soft. This shade is a gorgeous choice for the beach, when your bronzer (and sun hat!) take center stage. Plus, the natural color is boyfriend-approved.

5. Lipstick Queen in Hello Sailor
This looks terrifyingly BLUE in the tube but not the least bit scary on your lips. It actually imparts a subtle berry sheen and it's genius for layering over other colors to make them appear deeper and cooler. I loved how dewy my lips looked! Another major bonus: It makes teeth look WHITE. But what stood out to me most was how it was completely devoid of fragrance. It didn't taste flowery, minty or like a strange chemical I couldn't put my finger on. This made me want to reapply it all day long. And I did.

Last but not least, a huge thank you to everyone for your sweet comments and great lipstick suggestions from last week! They were so lovely and helpful. If you have any other requests or favorites, we'd love to hear. Thanks so much!

Berlangganan Untuk Mendapatkan Artikel Terbaru: